FREE SHIPPING OVER $40 IN THE US
Last Updated: August 30, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
Information you submit to us:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Account information, such as the email address and password you use to access our Services.
- Order information and shopping history, including your shipping address, and information about the items you viewed, added to your cart or to your wishlist, purchased or returned.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Usage information such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Other data that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
Automatic data collection.We, our service providers and our advertising partners may automatically log and combine information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, online resources, and our communications, such as:
- Device data such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Services, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access, and whether you have opened or otherwise engage with our communications, such as our marketing emails or clicked links or files within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Information we obtain from other sources: . We may obtain personal information from third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources, and data providers.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
- Provide our Services. We use personal information to operate, maintain, and provide you with our Services, which includes processing and fulfilling your orders and requests for our products or services, and processing your returns.
- Communicate with you about our Services.We use personal information to respond to your requests, provide customer support, communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements and updates, such as regarding your order status and shipment, and request feedback about our products and Services.
- Contests and other promotions. We use personal information to administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions, and to communicate with you about such initiatives.
Improve, monitor, personalize, and protect our Services. We use personal information to improve and keep our Services safe for our users, which includes:
- Understanding your shopping preferences, and personalizing your experience with the Services and our communications.
- Troubleshooting, testing and research and to keep the Services secure.
- Investigating and protecting against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
Research and development. We may use personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze trends, usage, activities and statistics, and to improve the Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create or use aggregated, de-identified or other anonymized data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymized data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymized data and disclose it to third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt-out of marketing communications” section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to comply with legal obligations, and to defend us against legal claims or disputes, including to:
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims).
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies.
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services.
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as ecommerce platform, hosting, information technology, customer support, email and text message delivery, and website analytics services).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, DSTLRY (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the emails you receive from us. You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. You may continue to receive Services-related and other non-marketing communications.
Online tracking opt-out. Here are some of the ways you can limit online tracking. Please note that these opt-out tools are not associated with DSTLRY and we cannot guarantee that these tools work as their providers advertise them:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Sites and Services
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com.